Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Upcoming Show

Good Morning Texas

I am so excited about appearing on “Good Morning Texas” on channel 8, WFAA-Dallas (ABC) on Monday, September 27.  I’ll be on a segment called ”Mompreneur Monday.”  It was originally created by Paige McCoy Smith who also has a popular blog, Not So Perfect Parent.
Tammy Jones with A Mom Entrepreneur who lives in the Dallas area suggested I contact Smith.  So I went to her website and found some great information and videos of previous Moms who have appeared on Good Morning Texas.

Mompreneur The Mompreneur movement continues to grow. More moms are taking the plunge and developing their own businesses or creating their own products. Many moms are able to work from home and strike a balance between bringing home the bacon and bringing up the kids. The internet has also opened a world of possibilities making this an ideal time for Moms to launch their own enterprises. Still, the notion of launching an enterprise (regardless of size) can be overwhelming, intimidating, and downright terrifying. So before you empty your savings account or refinance your home, consider these tips to ensure a successful transition to the world of Mompreneurs!    –The Not So Perfect Parent

Her website and show are a perfect fit for Lizzie Lou Shoes, so I emailed Smith and within a few minutes I hear back from her.  Here is her kind note to me:
“This has to hold the record for the fastest I have EVER responded to a potential Momprenuer.   I was getting ready to leave for the day and saw this email and fell in love with your products.
I would LOVE to feature you and your awesome Flip Flops on our show.”   –Paige McCoy Smith
So that was all it took for me to be heading to Dallas to appear on the show.  A huge thanks to Tammy Jones for the suggestion and help with finding Smith.
You can follow Smith on Twitter and Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment