Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What are the odds.....

I am so excited about giving away our first pair of Lizzie Lou Shoes to a registered customer of our e-newsletter.  I started preparing for the drawing and I realized that I  had no idea how to do a random drawing from a list of emails from Constant Contact.  So I emailed Holly Hanna with the Work at Home Woman, 
http://www.theworkathomewoman.com/, and asked how she did the drawings on her website.  She referred me to the website www.random.org.  So tonight, I downloaded my contacts and ran through the test process on random.org and the winner of the test was...Holly Hanna.  I thought that was pretty odd since she was the one who directed me to the "random" site.  

The next step was to do the drawing for real, so I went through the process, paid my $4.95 fee and the winner was....Matt Edwards (a.k.a. my husband).  Well, that was money well spent (UGH!).  I decided I better edit my list and make sure there aren't any more "test" emails.  After deleting my email and my mom's, I ran through the test mode several times to make sure I didn't miss anything, each time getting a different person.... (Good, it works).  

Finally, I did the real drawing, pay my $4.95 fee, and once again, the winner is Holly Hanna.  

Free Pair of Lizzie Lou Shoes 8-4-10
2nd drawing held by Sheena Edwards
Completed on Wednesday, 4 August 2010 at 00:37:30 UTC
58 entrants, 1 winner

Winners (1)
1st: "holly@theworkathomewoman.com"

Again, what are the odds?  

So happy Holly gets to sport a pair of Lizzie Lou Shoes!  She is one awesome woman who loves to help other women!!!!!  Congratulations Holly!  

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I am so excited! AND what are the odds too funny! Thanks Sheena, I can't wait to sport my Lizzie Lou Shoes!

    ReplyDelete